Wanted to design a farm pond based on engineering survey? Do it yourself by measuring elevation profile of hundreds of location(contour map). Using Quickgrid,there are various options to open a base map and overlap water flow direction. Watch video for detailed instruction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbs7bhv7HgQ
Software needed in Windows
- GOOGLE EARTH–>https://www.google.com/earth/download/gep/agree.html (Register as your gmail id and key as GEPFREE)
- TCX CONVERTER & QUIKGRID–>http://www.cadingenuity.com/2014/05/create-contour-lines-from-google-earth.html
- Golden Software(Surfer) –>http://www.goldensoftware.com/products/surfer
Click photo for larger view
- 3 ponds(Left,Middle,Right) have been identified in my farm
- Each pond can equally harvest upto 5 acres.
- 60*35*35 feet size harvest based on 10% surface run off of red soil.
- 5,00,000 liters can be harvested from 250 mm(10 inches) occurring from 5 or 6 intensive rainfall in a season.
- A tar road is separating left & right side land . Water flows along the road. Wanted to stop it within our land. Also this becomes upstream for left side bore and recharges better than leaving water along the tar road or divert them to left pond,in which case next plot will benefit due to slope characteristics.